The Pechanga Band of Luiseño Indians, Tribal TANF Department is responsible for administering the tribes TANF program and providing services that can assist Pechanga Indian reservation residents and all enrolled Pechanga members with basic needs and other services. We strive to provide services by qualified, trained staff that is respectful and knowledgeable of American Indian family’s culture and values that are accessible, customer-focused and delivered in a timely and accurate manner.
1. Monthly cash assistance to income eligible American Indian families with a child or expecting a child.
2. Monthly cash assistance to eligible relative caregivers, of a child or children.
3. Services, to assistance eligible and other eligible American Indian families with children, meant to reduce out-of-wedlock pregnancies and promote the formation and maintenance of two-parent families.
- Child care assistance
- Transportation and/or mileage reimbursements
- Referrals to other agencies and organizations
Employment and Educational Related Expenses
- Educational fees, books and supplies
- Uniforms and employment supplies
- Clothing allowance for K-12 students
Employment and Career Development
- Career assessments
- On the job training
- Job search assistance
- Vehicle repairs
- Utility payments
- Homelessness, eviction notices and housing cost
- GED/Diploma and degree completion incentives
- Pre-marital counseling and marriage incentive
- Academic incentives for K-12 students